17th March 2021: Update on second vaccinations
It is now just over 8 weeks since we started administering the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccinations.
Government advice is that patients will be called about their second dose in week 11 or 12 - this applies to both the Pfizer and Astra Zeneca jab.
This means that you won't receive an invite from us for your follow-up vaccination until at least 11 weeks after your first. Inded it will probably be in the 12th week that we contact you.
Please don't worry - we are fully aware of who had the jab and on which date and will be in touch with you when necessary. There is no need to ring or email the Practice between weeks 4 and 11 after your first dose as we will not be able to confirm any second appointment during this time.
If we vaccinated you in the middle of January we look forward to contacting you at the beginning of April, most likely in the week after the Easter break.
Best wishes and stay safe
24th February: Useful information on the vaccine programme
Suffolk and North East Essex System have launched a Covid-19 Vaccine website which gives a range of information about the vaccination roll out, links to local networks and organisations and a detailed set of FAQs. There is also information about the vaccination centres and sites across Suffolk and North East Essex with local case studies and sites, including maps highlighting their location.
For more information please click here
WE ALSO ASK THAT ALL PATIENTS AND VISITORS TO THE PRACTICE WEAR FACE COVERINGS WHEN IN THE BUILDING.
Welcome to Rookery Medical Centre
To provide and promote excellent health care within a caring and efficient environment.
This vision has three core values: Clinical Excellence, Care and Efficiency:
- Clinical Excellence: speaks for itself, and also relates to our strong teaching tradition and aim for excellent management of long term conditions.
- Care: means in a clinical sense but also, just as importantly, the customer service we give to our patients. It also means care for each other, making sure everyone working at the surgery feels supported and encouraged in their role.
- Efficiency: Is about administrative and clinical systems and procedures running smoothly and the appropriate use of NHS resources.
We believe that if we get these core values right it will help us work smoothly as a practice, and develop our services in the right direction. Our aim in all our thinking, planning and doing is for improvement in these three areas (importantly without improvement in one area negatively impacting on the other two).
We believe in:
- Putting patient welfare at the heart of all we do
- Treating patients fairly with respect and courtesy at all times
- Providing patients with advice and treatment that is always personal, holistic and compassionate
- Providing information and supporting patients in making decisions about their health
- Collaborating effectively with others involved in patients care (with your consent)
- Acting as the patients advocate and guide through health care services
- Maintaining confidentiality in what we discuss and the records we keep on our patients behalf
- Keeping up to date by pursuing a forward-looking, adaptable approach to healthcare
- Having highly satisfied patients demonstrated by their feedback and comments
The Practice is located on the first floor of Rookery House. Therefore, a lift is provided. Within the Practice all areas are accessible in a wheelchair. We have lowered an area of the Reception so that those patients who use a wheelchair can speak to a Receptionist more easily. There is also a lavatory suitable for the disabled provided.
Urgent Access – Our Promise To Our Patients
We guarantee that we will accommodate all requests from patients who feel they need to be seen within 24 hours.
If you feel that you need to be seen by a Doctor or a Nurse on the same day we operate a triage call back system and will accommodate all urgent problems. All we ask is that you give the Receptionist some brief details about the nature of the problem so that the Duty Team is prepared when they call you back.
(Site updated 09/06/2021)